Following the guidance on https://docs.acquia.com/articles/synchronizing-acquia-cloud-with-local-e... and doing the Conversion from Mac to Windows (plus some Googled tips) only gets so far:
- Install the necessary Windows tools: Git, Drush for Windows (ensuring that the Rsync components are installed) and Acquia Desktop
- Download the Drush integration from the Acquia Cloud site (Drush and API link)
- To ensure Drush works, use puttygen to export the SSH private key for Acquia access to /users/garyc/.ssh as id_rsa
- Take Dev site out of live development using the Acquia Cloud website interface
- Clone the site locally with a Git Bash command: git clone email@example.com:garyconroy.git
- Import the newly cloned codebase (garyconroy) into Acquia Desktop. Give the database a name. Change the domain from localhost to localdev
- Opt to create a new MySQL database and use the the same database name as the Acquia database
- Run the Drupal install script to step through a complete basic installation
- Ensure folder write permissions on the codebase (Git Bash command: chmod g+w -R garyconroy)
- Add local machine's login (garyc) to www-data group. (Since my laptop is Vista Home Premium, I installed User Manager from XPHomeTools to do this)
- Change the /tmp directory in the drush alias file (step 2, above) to /Temp and use Windows to give the www-data group full permissions to this folder
- Change files in docroot to be owned by garyc/www-data (Git Bash command: chown -R www-data garyconroy)
- Add the following line to the alias file (step 2): $command_specific['rsync'] = array('mode' => 'rlptzO'); $command_specific['sql-sync'] = array('mode' => 'rlptzO');
- Try to do the database sync: (Git Bash command: drush sql-sync @dev @local --no-cache)
Falls over about here. Enter the SSH key password three times, type 'y' when asked to continue. Enter the SSH key password twice more and then...
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(601) [sender=
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(610) [Receive
Could not rsync from [error]
I've run a similar process on Ubuntu (getting past this stage before hitting a wall of permissions issues) but want the GUI comforts of Windows (especially when the new Acquia Desktop arrives).
What am I not doing? What am I doing wrong? Is the answer 'Buy a Mac?'