Thank you for coming on board. This is very much a work in progress and we are grateful for your interest and help.
Acquia Drupal 1.0.0-beta1 is based on Drupal 6.4. Drupal has been under development for 7 years now, and with its launch now more than 6 months behind us, Drupal 6 is reaching maturity. Acquia Drupal extends the functionality of Drupal core with a selection of additional modules that we have extensively vetted and tested. The current version of Acquia Drupal ships with CCK 6.x-2.0-rc4, Views 6.x-2.0-rc1, Google Analytics 6.x-1.2, Image 6.x-1.0-alpha2, Markdown 6.x-1.0, Mollom 6.x-1.3, Token 6.x-1.11, Pathauto 6.x-1.1, Printer-friendly pages 6.x-1.0-rc9, Fivestar 6.x-1.12, and Tagadelic 6.x-1.x-dev.
Between now and the first official release of Acquia Drupal 1.0.0 -- and depending the release-readiness of these modules according to their maintainers -- we plan to add more modules to our package, including the CCK File field, the CCK Date field, the CCK Image field, Image cache, FCKEditor, Calendar and Nodewords. In future releases, we plan to add even more. A detailed road map for Acquia Drupal will be made available shortly.
Acquia provides Acquia Drupal in at least two versions for download. The first is a complete tarball including the Drupal core and all of Acquia's vetted, contributed modules. The second is a tarball of our modules package only, which you can add into an existing Drupal core installation, giving you the functionality of our vetted modules plus access to the Acquia Network for your site. You can get the latest version of Acquia Drupal from the download page.
For more information on how to get started, please consult our Getting started guide.
When a new version of Drupal core or a contributed module is released by its maintainers on drupal.org, Acquia will independently evaluate the changes it underwent and their implications regarding stability, security, and performance. We will also verify new versions' upgrade safety and compatibility with all currently supported versions of other contributed modules. The Acquia Network will provide update notifications based on our changes to Acquia Drupal following testing, rather than changes to Drupal.
In addition to the update notification service, the Acquia Network provides:
* A heartbeat service to monitor the status and health of your website.
* A content protection and spam blocking service provided through Mollom.
* A scheduled, remote cron service for your site.
* Access to our customer support.
Please consult our Getting started guide for more information.
* All bugs known to the Drupal community are our bugs, too. Acquia Engineers are part of the wider Drupal community and work to solve bugs alongside and with the help of module maintainers.
* We are still working on improving the usability of the Acquia Network. Your suggestions in this and all other areas are very welcome!
* We are still working on improving cross-browser compatibility of the Acquia Network.
* Text message notifications for mobile phones (SMS) are on their way, but we're not quite there, yet.
* Documentation is not yet complete and we are working very hard to fill in the gaps and improve our existing material.
Support, troubleshooting and feedback
We need help from you, our beta testers. We need as much feedback as possible to make our products better. You can really help us out by exploring the Acquia Network and completing the tasks that we have prepared for you. If you encounter problems with either the Acquia Network or Acquia Drupal, please file a support ticket or leave us a message in the Acquia Network Subscriber Forum.