Network Error on sync or SSH?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
pkuhn@globalscape.com's picture
pkuhn

Hi all,

Very new to the Acquia world here. I just installed Dev Desktop and can connect to my account just fine. I added my Cloud Sites, and can see them via the application - Git address, Code tag, and SSH address.

Looks great right? When I try to "Clone this site locally and use it in Dev Desktop" , I get a settings dialog, and when I hit "OK"..

"Network Error: Failure when recieving data from the peer"

fires right away. Same thing if I hit the SSH console button.

Last two lines in piscript.log:

17:21:21: acqSshConnection::BasicConnect() staging-5038.prod.hosting.acquia.com:22
17:21:21: Error: Exception: [.\network_proxy.cpp:31] Network error: Failure when receiving data from the peer

Is this a port issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks!

pete

Unresolved
dmyburgh's picture
david.myburgh

Have you added your SSH key to your Acquia user profile? https://docs.acquia.com/cloud/ssh/enable/add-key

pkuhn

Hi David - yes indeed, forgot to mention that!

I've in fact removed and re-added a few times trying to troubleshoot :(

dmyburgh's picture
david.myburgh

Do you have any firewall software running, or are you running through a VPN or proxy setup? It seems like its something on your side blocking the port 22.

pkuhn

Hi David - yup, all of those things.. VPN and proxy. I'll double check with my systems folks on that. Will post back with any news there.

pkuhn

Trying to clone via Git GUI .. I think it may be something with my User setup within Acquia. Checking further on that.

Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

I created a public key with Dev Desktop, copied it and added it to my Credentials in Acquia Cloud..

pkuhn

This is all fixed up. Issue was that my SSH key did not have proper permissions in our Cloud setup.

Status Change: 
Resolved
dmyburgh's picture
david.myburgh

Excellent! Thanks for reporting the solution :)

DeborahMitten7k6811.4@gmail.com's picture
DeborahMitten7k6811.4

the video clip links are immediately identified by itself, Vidmate for Android Free App - Best HD Video Downloader APKThe storage space taken by this application is the only 3MB.

Status Change: 
Unresolved