Upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B42) now having port issues

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
graeme@parcomonline.com's picture
graeme

I (unfortunately) have recently upgrade to El Capitan 10.11.1 (15B42). Now when trying to start up the Dev Desktop 2 stack I get the following error:

"Something is wrong
Process 'Apache web server' failed to start. Port 8083 didn't open."

I have the most up to date version of Dev Desktop installed (Nov 22 2015 12:34:41).

Is this (another) El Capitan issue? What can I do to fix it. I have a proof of concept site setup on my local machine that I need to use as a reference for building out my actual project and this issue is extremely annoying :-/

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated :-)

Cheers

Unresolved
katz.celine@yahoo.com's picture
katz.celine

El Capitan is unsupported it looks like.
https://docs.acquia.com/dev-desktop2/install/supported
I am not an acquia employee.

This may be related to the restrictions on root, placed by El Capitan, but Acquia's support team will have to dig into that further.

This may help triage it further:
https://ohthehugemanatee.org/blog/2015/10/01/how-i-got-el-capitain-worki...
(This is written for people not using acquia's product. Acquia obviously does not intend for you to run these steps. This is for background.)

Disabling the restrictions may allow Acquia Dev Desktop to work, but I don't really know.

--Sam

Status Change: 
Pending Bug Fix
katz.celine@yahoo.com's picture
katz.celine

Just looked it up, and Acquia does not list El Capitan as a supported operating system.

paul.querol@dagency.co.uk's picture
paul.querol

Would it be possible for someone at Acquia to feed back on whether El Capitan support is on the cards for a future update and if so is there any kind of ETA; or if there are any manual steps that users can do to get it working?

elaineblakeman@library.ucla.edu's picture
elaineblakeman

I just updated to Mac 10.13 and I am having the same issue. Acquia please make this a priority to fix. It seems 10.13 is not supported.

Error:
Network error: Couldn't connect to server. Host: free-5606.devcloud.hosting.acquia.com:22

Status Change: 
Unresolved