Process 'MySQL database server' failed to start - Help!

Process 'MySQL database server' failed to start - Help!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
emoreau@springfieldcollege.edu's picture
emoreau
Points: 7
Process 'MySQL database server' failed to start - Help!

Can anyone help me figure out what is happening here? I get this mySQL error, when trying start up my local server.

Process 'MySQL database server' failed to start. Port 33067 didn't open.

I've tried following along with posts already discussing this topic but nothing has worked. I've attached both error logs in hopes that someone can shed some light.

Attachments: 
Status: 
Resolved
emoreau@springfieldcollege.edu's picture
emoreau
Points: 7

I forgot to mention that XAMPP is working perfectly fine. Frustrating!

tom@lexwebdev.com's picture
tom
Points: 0

I am having the same problem. it started after i updated my Mac OS to 10.10.5.

have you found a solution?!

tom@lexwebdev.com's picture
tom
Points: 0

and when i copy a site over to MAMP i get the WSOD,..... ugggggg! (White Screen of Death)

Infinitee's picture
ralph
Points: 0

I too am having the same problem. Right in the middle of working the server crashed and all I get is this error...

Process MYSQL database server failed to start. Port didn't open.

I too have tried everything in old forum posts to no avail.

Infinitee Web Design
10 Ocean Drive
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
302-934-6994
http://www.infiniteewebdesign.com

ali@vinpax.com's picture
ali
Points: 5

Having the same problem after uninstalling and reinstalling DevDesktop. After some search found the following which claims "Stopping the Acquia Dev server and moving/copying the files form the original data directory to the new data directory appeared to address the issue" and changing a few lines to reflect the change in my.cnf

https://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions/226241/change-directory-where...

Will try it

ali@vinpax.com's picture
ali
Points: 5

The solution was simpler than I thought, turning off and shutting down the firewall did the job!

Status Change: 
Resolved