MySQL import failed STDERR:ERROR 1709 (HY000) at line 1487: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

MySQL import failed STDERR:ERROR 1709 (HY000) at line 1487: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
migramirez@llu.edu's picture
migramirez

Hi Support,
I am trying to download a site from Acqui cloud to my local machine using Acqui Dev Desktop Version 2, Built Mar 23, 2017 10:02:43, however fails and returns "MySQL import failed STDERR:ERROR 1709 (HY000) at line 1487: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes."

The problem doesn't exist in the Acqui site but when trying to import the site into to Dev Desktop. From the description, the record in the import key is to long at the line 1487. I was unable to retrieve the dump file that dev desktop uses. I am unable to find the dump file even though in the console displays the location of the dump file. When I go to the location where the dump file is suppose to be, the file just doesn't exist.

When I export the database from the acquia cloud and read the line 1487, it reads "LOCK TABLES 'feed_import_settings' WRITE;'

This lets me know that the file generated from the Acqui cloud and from Dev Desktop 2 seems different.

Then I went to c:\Program Files (x86)\DevDesktop\mysql\my.cnf and altered the file with following line "innodb_large_prefix = 1". After this I restarted the services and still experience the same error.

I put in a ticket with Acqui Support and they recommended I go through this method. The ticket to reference is: 365759.

Thanks

Miguel

Duplicate
admin's picture
Acquia Forums

This post has a duplicate thread which has the provided answer. Please visit the linked page.

peter.elbaum@raleighnc.gov's picture
peter.elbaum

Please explain - where is the page linked? I'm having this exact error but don't see a page linked here.

peter.kevinn1987.co.uk@gmail.com's picture
peter.kevinn1987.co.uk

After the Acquia Dev computer set up, you'll not but have a Drupal site, but you can then easily create as many Drupal 7, or Drupal 8 sites as you want. you will have a one-click on (type of) installation for Drupal eight middle, Drupal 7 middle.

Info Deliver by Do my Assignment Web.