Failed to load XML document

Failed to load XML document

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
hmartens@gmail.com's picture
hmartens
Points: 0
Failed to load XML document

Since this morning I cannot run DevDesktop. It says "Failed to load XML document".

I tried to reinstall devdesktop but at the post installation step it gives me an error:
"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly..."

"==stdout==
Setup::WaitMySQLStart() MySQL start timeout.
setupscript_fail".

Please help.

Status: 
Unresolved
dmyburgh's picture
david.myburgh
Points: 99

I often get timeouts on MySQL myself. What I do is just leave the message box on the screen that says MySQL failed to load. Wait 5 minutes or so, and eventually MySQL loads and the light for it goes green. Then you can clear the message box and things work fine. I've never bothered to check my logs so not sure if its actually outputting the same error as you there, so your issue might be different.

klcgary@gospelre.com's picture
klcgary
Points: 1

I have s similar issue: "Error Starting Acquia Dev Desktop - Something is wrong. Failed to load XML document" Reinstalling or/and upgrading window doesn't solve the recurring issue. Could Acquia please assist. Is this a major technical problem with Window users? What about Mac users? Current platform is Win 10 based operating system.

Status Change: 
Unresolved
dmyburgh's picture
david.myburgh
Points: 99

I just loaded DevDesktop (Mar 18, 2016 release) on my Windows 10 machine with no issues. And its working perfectly on my Mac (I use it daily there). I could install a new local site too on both systems. So it's not a general Windows issue, but something related to your setups. I just don't know what it could be - yet. The XML document in question might be the list of distributions you can install from. That file comes from acquia.com and is readily accessible and working, or else I wouldn't have been able to install a new site myself. Do you maybe have some sort of extra firewall software running that might be blocking it? Or maybe your antivirus software? Do you have any other software running that creates an Apache/MySQL/PHP environment e.g. WAMP? My Windows machine is running stock firewall with no modifications, AVG antivirus free, and very little else.

Here's an idea, try to run DevDesktop in a Virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads), using a Windows virtual machine (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/windows/). That might tell you if its something conflicting with DD or not.

If nothing else works, you can file an issue with the DD developers by using the "Report an issue" link in the Help menu.

hermes's picture
hermes
Points: 0

I had the "Failed to load XML document" error occur to me today, and it was after a restart after a computer crash (Windoze 10) while Dev Desktop was running. I took a look at the datamodel.xml file and it was empty (or perhaps corrupted in such a way that it appeared empty - unclear).

I would wonder if this is also happening to others who are encountering this issue - that Dev Desktop isn't being properly shut down and the datamodel.xml file is getting corrupted.

webmaster@learningnetwork.ro's picture
webmaster
Points: 0

I don't think that will be an answer! Perhaps the community must self-organize! I saw a "behind-the-bush" solution here: https://forums.acquia.com/acquia-products-and-services/dev-desktop/xml-error-load