Error opening socket ssl://search.acquia.com:443 -- SOLVED!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
nickgajewski's picture
nickgajewski

Hey everyone,

I've been fighting this bug for a while so I thought I'd post here:

Recently something got borked with Acquia Solr Search. It worked fine locally for weeks then last week I started getting two errors: the standard "cannot connect to Acquia..." on search pages and this one popped up on the Apache Solr Config page:

Error opening socket ssl://search.acquia.com:443

After hours (days?) of backing-up and wiping DBs, playing with D7/Acquia configurations, messing with Firewalls, etc, I found this post (https://network.acquia.com/node/387025) which pointed to a similar error and it's solution was to remove the rpc.acquia.com.pem file. While going to that file I noticed that there was a similarly named search.acquia.com.pem file. I renamed it (search.acquia.co1m.pem) and voila (!) search works locally again!!

High fives were had.

Long story short: deleted the search.acquia.com.pem file if you're having this problem!

Acquia people:
- care to tell me what the problem is?
- why can I post in this forum but not in the Solr forum?

Unresolved
thowell's picture
Thomas Howell

Hello Nick,

I've moved this ticket into the appropriate forum area. Thank you very much for the details of your troubleshooting. When there is a mismatch issue regarding the key removing the file should allow it to rebuild with a correct one. Can you confirm if the file updated itself after deletion?

Sincerely;
Thomas Howell, Client Advisor

johne's picture
johne

I am having this issue, can someone describe where to find either rpc.acquia.com.pem or search.acquia.com.pem?