Just getting up and running with the free cloud demo but have hit a roadblock that the documentation and forums haven't helped with.
1) SSH Tunnelling into DB
- I've set up and configured a key in the web dashboard
- Using this key, I can SSH onto the server without a hitch via the command line
- Once on the server via SSH I can then log into mysql correctly as well (mysql -u myDBuser -pmyDBpassword)
- However, in Navicat, I've used the same SSH key and settings to initiate a tunnel to the server, and it connects to the server fine.
- Using the DB settings from the web dashboard, I've entered the following as settings to connect to mysql:
- Hostname / IP address: localhost
- Port: 3306
- Username: myDBuser (As stated in connection details popup for the dev DB)
- Password: myDBpassword (As stated in connection details popup for the dev DB)
- No matter what I tweak or try the error is: 2013: lost connection to MYSQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error:0
Basically - the MYSQL user can't log in. Any ideas what's wrong? I've seen some forum posts using 127.0.0.1 but it makes no difference. This is pretty standard stuff we do day in day out with our other servers, am I missing something specific for the Acquia Cloud?
2) Just a little bugbear really - I've tried adding my standard .bashrc file into my user home directory but can't get even simple colour changes implemented - do I really have to work in black and white the whole time or am I (again) missing something.
Thanks for any help - I'm pretty sure it's just me doing something silly, but on the other side, it might be worth tweaking some of the documentation to link through the resource I'm sure are out there (but are just hidden).