I am developing a new custom theme for an existing D7 site. The theme involves a lot of config changes as well.
What would be the ideal development workflow to accomplish this?
Here's what I am planning to do. Would really appreciate your inputs
1. Create custom theme on my local system with the config changes
2. When its time to go live, update Dev & Stage database from Production
3. Push the new theme to Dev. Make config changes on Dev
4. Move Dev database to Stage and test the theme
5. Move Stage database to Production
Note: Steps 2,3,4,5 all in one day.
Is it ideal to spin up a temporary acquia cloud site for this?